Nea Potidea canal
At the bridge of the Potidea isthmus one can enjoy the splendid sightseeing of both the Thermaic and the Toroneos Gulf. These two gulfs embrace the village. On either sides of the isthmus there are seaside parks where one could enjoy long and relaxing walks in the green. According to specific historical sources the first canal in Potidea was opened by Kassandros while its existence is dated from the 1st century BC. Later, the canal was fixed by the byzantine emperor J.Palaeologus in 1407. Later, during the Greek Revolution of 1821 the canal was reopened while the old fortifications were repaired and reused. The canal acquired its current form in 1930 and in 1970 when the bridge that links the two shores was constructed.